Key Stage 4 Curriculum
Educational Provision – Key Stage 4 Curriculum
Commerce and Russell group universities demand the highest GCSE performance. We believe this can be achieved through offering an academic core partnered with a flexible personalised pathway approach to learning.
All students at our school will study our core offer consisting:
- GCSE English Language and English Literature, supported by functional skills
- GCSE Maths, supported by functional skills.
- GCSE Science as a single, double or triple option enabling understanding of Biology, Physics and Chemistry
- NCFE Business Studies Level 2 Certificate
- Employer-based projects designed by our business partners and delivered both at school and within commercial environments
- Enrichment activities to pursue interests outside the curriculum and learn new skills.
- Work Experience – The opportunity to engage in a “real job” for at least one day every week
We encourage personal pathways to be developed through offering a variety of subjects to study beyond the core.
- GCSE History
- GCSE Geography
- GCSE Statistics
- Conversational French, level 1 and 2
- Work skills programme, to build employability skills employers look for.
- Digital Applications
- Health and Social Care
- Travel and Tourism